Els Adventures

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Puppy Treats

Recently I got a new puppy. Puppy food is expensive here in Zambia, well everything is expensive here, but anything to do with a cute puppy is outrageous. So, in all my brilliance, I decided to make homemade puppy treats.

There were several good recipes on line. I printed them out and went shopping to get them all. I made two different treats. One was wheat flour, garlic, and beefy flavored baby food. The other was oats, honey and bananas. I will admit I tried them both and they weren’t half bad.

My puppy loves his treats.

One day I had a lunch meeting and I told my house cleaner I’d leave lunch for him on the counter and that I’d put some bread out. Well, I forgot to put the bread out. I remembered when I was at my lunch meeting and thought oh well. I came home and my worker had finished and gone home for the day (for the record, he comes only once a week).
Sirius was being a good boy, so I decided to give him a treat. I had left his homemade treats on the counter. I couldn’t find them anywhere. I looked in the cabinets and in the fridge and in the laundry room. They were nowhere to be found. They were stored in an empty butter container. I looked in the cupboard where the empty containers are and there was an extra butter container.

So, how does one go about asking someone if they ate the dog treats? I mean, they were on the counter and they look like bread. They weren’t delicious, but they weren’t awful and full of gross stuff. Lesson learned, keep homemade dog treats in fridge so that the house cleaner doesn’t think they are for him.