Els Adventures

Friday, October 22, 2010

My To Do List

There were always a few things I wanted to do in my life when I was younger. As I have scratched some of those off the list, I feel it is necessary to add some to the list and for fun to share it with you.

1. Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa
o Mom and Pops Davis Easter Sunday April 2005

2. Go on Safari in Africa
o Amboseli National Park in Kenya with Jennifer Miller and that Mountain with the snow on it April 2009

3. Walk along the Great Wall of China

4. Stand at the top of the Kingdom Tower
Asking for a miracle summer 2011

5. Swim in all major oceans
o Pacific, Atlantic, done, now for the Indian

6. Work in the US Senate
o Interned for Senator Alan K. Simpson in college

7. Visit all seven continents
o Five down, two to go.

8. Swim with the dolphins

9. Hang glide over Interlaken Switzerland

10. Skydive

11. Learn to snowshoe
o Taught by the great Janet Ellis January 1, 2010

12. Hook and reel in a tiger fish

13. Visit all 50 US states
o I’ve visited 43, those final seven will probably remain elusive as long as I
live overseas

14. Be awed at the beauty of the Taj Mahal

15. Catch a baseball game at Camden Yards

16. Be a part of the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field
o July 2001, not really impressed, but still love the Cubbies.

17. Vacation in Fiji

18. Take Sam and Sebastian on a vacation outside the US (Mexcio, Puerto Rico, and Canada do not count)

19. Show my mom and niece Victoria Falls
o Hopefully June 2011

20. Visit Robben Island

21. Spend on night on Waikiki Beach

22. Take a ferry from Asia to Europe in Istanbul

23. See the Coliseum in Rome (and all other Rome sights)

24. Athens and all the historical sights it has to offer

25. Take a train across Eastern Europe
o Amanda and I were planning this trip but ended up going to Kazakhstan instead

26. Visit the Great Pyramids

27. Fall in Love with Prague
o Christmas 2003, with the best of friends and snow.

28. Hike in New Zealand

29. Watch Duke play at Cameron Indoor Arena
o Valentine’s Day 2006, thanks to a great friend.

30. Run the Bolder Boulder 10K Memorial Day Race
o Memorial Day 2005

31. Visit the Kuchenhof Tulip Gardens
o April 2005 with the same dear friends that were together in Prague. God used them all to help my broken heart.

32. Drive 100 mph down the Autobahn in Germany
o March or April 2005, haven’t slowed down since.

33. Take a stroll on Bourbon Street in New Orleans
o May 2010, with my Lugnut Crew

34. Ride an elephant

35. Take the Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg Austria
o March 2004 with Mom and Pops Davie and RuRu.

36. Kiss the Blarney stone

37. Visit one new country a year
So far the count is 24, I’ve got to catch up to my age.