Els Adventures

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trading Cards

In South Africa as the world cup draws to a close, you can’t help but get caught up in the fever. I was visiting friends here and they have world cup sticker books. Every player has a sticker and each team has a page.

As I sat and looked at Leah’s book, I was impressed with how many she had but Emily’s book held my attention far more because she had my favorite American player. Last night after dinner we sat and opened packs of stickers. Micah, wanted to look at all the stickers to see if I got any he wanted. The girls and I went through their books to see if I got any they didn’t have. We made piles of ones they needed so we could trade later.

As I gently ripped open one of my packages of stickers, there on top was Emily’s favorite player for Spain, Fernando Torres. Oh, I had the trading power in my hands. Emily was completely giddy with excitement as she saw his blonde locks (side note, not his best look). Oh, but who did she have that I wanted. I sat there calmly and opened the rest of my packets and watched her nervous anticipation to see if I would trade with her.

In the end I gave her all the stickers I didn’t have for all her duplicates and Clint Dempsey. She got Fernando, was there any doubt I wouldn’t give it to her? NO.
Now to find the cards to trade with Micah tonight, he has my favorite American player’s card. I love trading cards, do I really need to grow up?