Easter Snow
Today I woke up to see yet more snow. Since I got back to the Rocky Mountain Region in November, we’ve had snow, snow, and more snow. I am done with the snow. It is April, it is spring, it is Easter.
April equals spring, a time of new beginnings just like Easter. Beautiful tulips are sprouting, the trees should be blooming, but no, on Easter morning, I have to scrap snow off my car before I can head to church.
A young girl was baptized at church this morning. What an awesome day to be baptized the whole community gets to see the symbol of how Christ was raised from the dead and how we are born again. I am taken back to Easter Sunday many years ago and am reminded of when my step-dad was baptized on Easter Sunday. My mom sits next to me and tears stream down her cheeks, I can’t make fun of her, it is emotional for me as well.
I love Spring but I love Easter more. My sins have been washed white as snow, so I don’t mind the snow on Easter Sunday any more.
April equals spring, a time of new beginnings just like Easter. Beautiful tulips are sprouting, the trees should be blooming, but no, on Easter morning, I have to scrap snow off my car before I can head to church.
A young girl was baptized at church this morning. What an awesome day to be baptized the whole community gets to see the symbol of how Christ was raised from the dead and how we are born again. I am taken back to Easter Sunday many years ago and am reminded of when my step-dad was baptized on Easter Sunday. My mom sits next to me and tears stream down her cheeks, I can’t make fun of her, it is emotional for me as well.
I love Spring but I love Easter more. My sins have been washed white as snow, so I don’t mind the snow on Easter Sunday any more.
