Stalkers?
Leigh and I went on a border run. I had recently renewed my visa, so I was just tagging along. As Leigh was filling out her form, I was sitting on the couch with my sunglasses on, being cool. Leigh hands her passport to the guy and he says, I haven’t seen you in here in a while, where have you been? I am into the national geographic special trying to figure out what they are talking about as they show the world spinning and spinning. Leigh gives me a look and I realize that the guy is talking to me. I take off my sunglasses and say, well I have been gone.
As we are walking back to the car, I ask Leigh if it is a bit odd that the guy knows my comings and goings. She says that not a lot of white people do a visa run on a monthly basis. I agree, but I was in the office two times the week before, so maybe I should have asked him where he had been.
Then a few days later I am at Dubai Mall. This is a big mall, comparable in size to the Mall of America, not that I’ve been there, but this is what the newspapers said. I am in the level 2 food court and I see this American man, he smiles at me, being nice, I smiled back and didn’t think any more about it.
I am standing in line at Taco Bell and he comes up and asks for the gal he had talked to just a few minutes ago. Me eating Taco Bell is a whole different post. I didn’t think anything about it, he wanted more info on Taco Bell, the menu isn’t the same as in America, they don’t have the Mexican Pizza. I got my food and sat down with my back to the main thoroughfare, I don’t want to see the people who are staring at me for being a single woman eating by myself.
Well, I get up to take my trash to the bin and I notice Mr. America is sitting at a table by himself with a direct view of me. Coincidence? I don’t know, perhaps he was assigned to covertly follow me that day, in which case he failed, cuz I noticed. I wondered around the mall for a few more hours before I left and didn’t see him again, that’s not to say he didn’t see me. Crude, I should have paid better attention at the Spy Museum.
As we are walking back to the car, I ask Leigh if it is a bit odd that the guy knows my comings and goings. She says that not a lot of white people do a visa run on a monthly basis. I agree, but I was in the office two times the week before, so maybe I should have asked him where he had been.
Then a few days later I am at Dubai Mall. This is a big mall, comparable in size to the Mall of America, not that I’ve been there, but this is what the newspapers said. I am in the level 2 food court and I see this American man, he smiles at me, being nice, I smiled back and didn’t think any more about it.
I am standing in line at Taco Bell and he comes up and asks for the gal he had talked to just a few minutes ago. Me eating Taco Bell is a whole different post. I didn’t think anything about it, he wanted more info on Taco Bell, the menu isn’t the same as in America, they don’t have the Mexican Pizza. I got my food and sat down with my back to the main thoroughfare, I don’t want to see the people who are staring at me for being a single woman eating by myself.
Well, I get up to take my trash to the bin and I notice Mr. America is sitting at a table by himself with a direct view of me. Coincidence? I don’t know, perhaps he was assigned to covertly follow me that day, in which case he failed, cuz I noticed. I wondered around the mall for a few more hours before I left and didn’t see him again, that’s not to say he didn’t see me. Crude, I should have paid better attention at the Spy Museum.
