Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits
As I walked through the food court, I saw the Popeye’s sign. I looked at the other restaurants, but nothing sounded as delicious as those succulent buttery biscuits from Popeye’s. I told my friends there wasn’t any other option for me. We each went our separate way as our tastes each wanted something other than the standard falafel and fatoosh.
I confidently walked up to the counter and ordered the number three combo. Three chicken strips, non-spicy, with French fires and an orange soda. As I was paying I could already taste my biscuit melting in my mouth. I would face the dilemma of what to do with the crumbs, lick them up or throw then away. I was preparing to ask for my favorite honey mustard dipping sauce for my chicken strips. Oh this was gonna be a glorious meal. Saliva was already running down the corner of my mouth. Stop drooling Ellen, act like an adult was the reprimand I had to give myself.
The lady is making my meal, when I notice something is outta wack. She just put a hamburger bun in my box. So, I asked her where my biscuit was. She said “Sorry today no biscuit.” WHAT??? I told her that was the only reason I came to Popeye’s, there was no other reason to eat Popeye’s. Then I asked her what kind of sauce they had for the chicken strips. She shows me this white concoction that she is putting in with my food. I asked her what it was, she said garlic mayo like I was the biggest idiot in the world. I asked her what other sauces they had, she said tartar sauce and ketchup. Tartar sauce is for fish, I don’t think she realized that. Ketchup is for French fries. SO, my only real option was the white nastiness she was trying to put into my bag. I told her to keep the garlic mayo and give me more ketchup, she thought I was off my rocker, I could tell by the look on her face.
No biscuit, no honey mustard. Did I really expect Popeye’s in the desert to be like Popeye’s in America? Sadly I did. My chicken was overcooked and the French fries were sub-par.
Moral of the story, don’t eat at a great American fast food chain in the Middle East.
I confidently walked up to the counter and ordered the number three combo. Three chicken strips, non-spicy, with French fires and an orange soda. As I was paying I could already taste my biscuit melting in my mouth. I would face the dilemma of what to do with the crumbs, lick them up or throw then away. I was preparing to ask for my favorite honey mustard dipping sauce for my chicken strips. Oh this was gonna be a glorious meal. Saliva was already running down the corner of my mouth. Stop drooling Ellen, act like an adult was the reprimand I had to give myself.
The lady is making my meal, when I notice something is outta wack. She just put a hamburger bun in my box. So, I asked her where my biscuit was. She said “Sorry today no biscuit.” WHAT??? I told her that was the only reason I came to Popeye’s, there was no other reason to eat Popeye’s. Then I asked her what kind of sauce they had for the chicken strips. She shows me this white concoction that she is putting in with my food. I asked her what it was, she said garlic mayo like I was the biggest idiot in the world. I asked her what other sauces they had, she said tartar sauce and ketchup. Tartar sauce is for fish, I don’t think she realized that. Ketchup is for French fries. SO, my only real option was the white nastiness she was trying to put into my bag. I told her to keep the garlic mayo and give me more ketchup, she thought I was off my rocker, I could tell by the look on her face.
No biscuit, no honey mustard. Did I really expect Popeye’s in the desert to be like Popeye’s in America? Sadly I did. My chicken was overcooked and the French fries were sub-par.
Moral of the story, don’t eat at a great American fast food chain in the Middle East.
