KABOOM!
After returning from America I thought that I would try to eat at home more. You know be healthier, save some money. I bought ingredients to make two meals, which would stretch out over a couple of days. I asked Leigh (my very supportive roommate) which she wanted, nachos or chicken with pasta salad. She chose the later.
I marinated the chicken, turned on the propane tank, lit the stove, and got water to start the pasta. As I was pulling the chicken out of the fridge, I thought I smelt something. But I continued on my way. I noticed that the oven wasn’t hot, but my water for the pasta was heating up. I opened the oven door and discovered that the oven had gone out. Obviously, I chose to light the oven again. I stuck the bic fire starter back into the tiny hole and lit it up.
KABOOM!!! I am not entirely sure what happened, but I ended up in the hallway and the stove top is in shambles. Leigh screamed “What happened?” When there was no response, she came running to find me standing in the hallway starting at the stove say only “Ahhh Ahhhh Ahhhhh.”
There are ashes in my pasta water, the hair on my arms and legs is singed, and I think I may have a first degree burn on my foot. The chicken could also be toxic now, but I am going to cook it and make my pasta salad, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.
Until then, I will sit here and smell the burnt hair on my arms as Leigh walks around the apartment laughing at me.



I marinated the chicken, turned on the propane tank, lit the stove, and got water to start the pasta. As I was pulling the chicken out of the fridge, I thought I smelt something. But I continued on my way. I noticed that the oven wasn’t hot, but my water for the pasta was heating up. I opened the oven door and discovered that the oven had gone out. Obviously, I chose to light the oven again. I stuck the bic fire starter back into the tiny hole and lit it up.
KABOOM!!! I am not entirely sure what happened, but I ended up in the hallway and the stove top is in shambles. Leigh screamed “What happened?” When there was no response, she came running to find me standing in the hallway starting at the stove say only “Ahhh Ahhhh Ahhhhh.”
There are ashes in my pasta water, the hair on my arms and legs is singed, and I think I may have a first degree burn on my foot. The chicken could also be toxic now, but I am going to cook it and make my pasta salad, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.
Until then, I will sit here and smell the burnt hair on my arms as Leigh walks around the apartment laughing at me.
