Els Adventures

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Thoughts of a Girl Thinking Out Loud

Never ever go with the instinct to eat sugar cookie dough, it leaves an aftertaste and doesn’t make the cookie dough craving go away.

In the summer here it is so hot, who wants to shower? And since you have to wear clothes that cover your elbows and ankles, isn’t it easier to stay in your pj’s all day?

Will my name always be Alen? It is Ellen, let me spell that in Arabic الين. I am not a boy, I am a girl, please don’t refer to me as Alen, I’d rather be Helen, at least it is the correct gender.

In line at the border, I wonder will I get the guy who gave me the rose? I sure hope so, he is nice and lets me through quickly.

Why do you ask if I want cheese when I order a quarter pounder, but you never ask what I want to drink, so I have to tell you before you start to give me pepsi?

Life is pretty close to perfect when you can get a Popeye’s biscuit.

If you are walking to the Mosque and I am backing out of the driveway and we make eye contact, I have the right to run your over if you walk behind my car.

Asked why I don’t hang out at the video store and learn Arabic. Not a bad idea, if I want the town to think I am a less then respectable person.

Last night when I was completely exhausted at 7:30, I decided to get ready for bed and read for a little bit. By 10 I had tried to go to sleep, but couldn’t, didn’t want to read anymore, but was wide awake. So I went into the living room, cranked the AC and watched Lost, was awake until after 12:30.

When going on a walk for exercise and walking around 4 miles, you really shouldn’t wear flip flops.

I just watched a scene from Lost 4 times to try to understand the Arabic.

The hallway outside of my apartment is used as a playground. I find this to be annoying when the screaming laughter wakes me up at noon.

Recently I was in a store that sells western goods. They had Charmin. I wanted to buy it, I miss soft toilet paper. But the fact that I would literally be flushing 20 bucks down the toilet helped me to refrain.