Snowy MidAtlantic
When I arrived in Denver in November we had tons of snow and COLD weather, the complete opposite of the Middle East. In January we had one snow fall and it was cold a few days, but for the most part it was in the 40's and 50's. I adjusted to the much lower temps and can survive with only two long sleeve shirts a day. I even went skiing and survived the high of 10 F, the blowing and falling snow (I promise a blog to come on that later).
Then I decided to take a much anticipated trip to Richmond to see all my East Coast friends. They've had snow the past few weeks, but being a Western girl, I knew I could handle it. Upon landing in Richmond, I thought what a bunch of whiners, this is not a lot of snow. Then as we got closer to the Davis' house, I had to appologize to Kelly becuase they had a lot more snow than the airport did.
On Tuesday Richmond was supposed to get another snow storm. It rained some but no snow. Again, I thought what a bunch of whiners. I didn't even need my ski coat yesteray. So today (Wednesday) I woke up at 8:30 and heard Samuel downstairs. He is supposed to leave for school at 7:40, hmmm what's going on? I came downstairs and saw that there was about 4 inches of new snow and the news reports that the wind is supposed to start blowing.
I sit here in front of the fire which Kelly started, Sara just made Mii, and Samuel is trying to find I's on Island Adventure. I am supposed to have lunch with a good friend, she is making coconut cream pie. But, I want to sit by the fire, not go out in the cold. My nice hot cup of tea has warmed me up for now. Why go outside and freeze? Later tonight, I am supposed to hang out with Middle Eastern friends. Arabic food and conversations in loga arabeia, two of my favorite things, but that isn't even motivating me right now to go and get ready for the day.
For now I'll just go and learn how to fly my wii craft and collect points and pop ballons, enjoy another cup of hot tea, and my friends. Maybe another day while I'm here I get outta the house.
Then I decided to take a much anticipated trip to Richmond to see all my East Coast friends. They've had snow the past few weeks, but being a Western girl, I knew I could handle it. Upon landing in Richmond, I thought what a bunch of whiners, this is not a lot of snow. Then as we got closer to the Davis' house, I had to appologize to Kelly becuase they had a lot more snow than the airport did.
On Tuesday Richmond was supposed to get another snow storm. It rained some but no snow. Again, I thought what a bunch of whiners. I didn't even need my ski coat yesteray. So today (Wednesday) I woke up at 8:30 and heard Samuel downstairs. He is supposed to leave for school at 7:40, hmmm what's going on? I came downstairs and saw that there was about 4 inches of new snow and the news reports that the wind is supposed to start blowing.
I sit here in front of the fire which Kelly started, Sara just made Mii, and Samuel is trying to find I's on Island Adventure. I am supposed to have lunch with a good friend, she is making coconut cream pie. But, I want to sit by the fire, not go out in the cold. My nice hot cup of tea has warmed me up for now. Why go outside and freeze? Later tonight, I am supposed to hang out with Middle Eastern friends. Arabic food and conversations in loga arabeia, two of my favorite things, but that isn't even motivating me right now to go and get ready for the day.
For now I'll just go and learn how to fly my wii craft and collect points and pop ballons, enjoy another cup of hot tea, and my friends. Maybe another day while I'm here I get outta the house.
